I only write in my native language: Dutch. Not Dutch? No problem! Let me give you an idea of who I am and what I do.
Travel translations into Dutch
I studied Slavonic linguistics and have been translating texts from English, Russian, Bulgarian and Czech into Dutch since 1999, specialising in travel. Over the past few years, I have been learning Swedish.
Travel copywriting in Dutch
Around 2014, I switched to copywriting for the travel industry.
My travel blog and country websites
In 2013, I started blogging about travel from the Netherlands to Northern and Eastern Europe. At the moment, this is my fulltime job and I have around 66.000 unique visitors per month. For readers who are interested in one country in particular, I created niche websites about:
Promote your product or destination
On Stralend Schrijven, I do reviews of travel-related products and Scandinavian series, books and design. I also go on press trips to Northern and Eastern Europe (by myself or with my family, depending on what target group you want to promote your destination to) and publish travel stories about the destinations I visit.
Please feel free to contact me and ask for my media kit, examples of earlier trips and resulting publications, or an idea of the social media coverage and blog post(s) I could do if you would invite me to your destination or send me a product.
- Stralend schrijven is all about sharing positive experiences, but posts always are an honest reflection of my personal opinion.
- Text and photo’s published on Stralend Schrijven are protected by copyright.
- According to the code of conduct for advertising through social media if a blog post is a result of a cooperation between me and a destination and/or brand, I state that in or below the article. That way, my readers know I am being honest with them, which enlarges their trust in me and what I write.
- According to Google policies, paid/sponsored links are marked ‘sponsored’.
- In order to cover the cost of publishing this blog, I may use affiliate links in blog posts. Please let me know if you don’t want me to, so we can discuss alternative compensation.