All my websites are written in my native language: Dutch. Not Dutch? No problem! Let me give you an idea of who I am and what I do.
Travel translations into Dutch
I studied Slavonic linguistics and have been translating texts from English, Russian, Bulgarian and Czech into Dutch since 1999, specialising in travel. Over the past few years, I have been learning Swedish.
Travel copywriting in Dutch
Around 2014, I switched to copywriting for the travel industry.
My niche websites
In 2013, I started sharing travel tips about the Netherlands, Scandinavia and Central/Eastern Europe. By now, I manage several niche websites about:
- The Netherlands
- Scandinavian Lifestyle
Promote your product or destination
On my website about Scandinavian lifestyle, I publish reviews of Scandinavian series, books, design, fashion, outdoor products, etc. For the destination sites, I go on press trips (by myself or with my family, depending on what target group you want to promote your destination to) and publish travel stories about the destinations I visit.
Please feel free to contact me and ask for my media kit, examples of earlier trips and resulting publications, or an idea of the social media coverage and blog post(s) I could do if you would invite me to your destination or send me a product.
- Stralend schrijven is all about sharing positive experiences, but posts always are an honest reflection of my personal opinion. I don’t publish advertorials.
- Text and photo’s published on Stralend Schrijven are protected by copyright. If you want me to produce pictures or text that you can use on your own platform, please let me know so we can work something out.
- According to the code of conduct for advertising through social media if a blog post is a result of a cooperation between me and a destination and/or brand, I state that in or below the article. That way, my readers know I am being honest with them, which enlarges their trust in me and what I write.
- According to Google policies, links resulting from a sponsored trip or product are marked ‘sponsored’.
- In order to cover the cost of publishing this blog, I may use affiliate links in blog posts. Please let me know if you don’t want me to, so we can discuss alternative compensation.